View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
00mred00
Lurker

00mred00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Did you read through post 2? He lists several ways to do all of this. The command prompt options are used for manual entry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
I'm still confused as to how to install roms. In this video posted by the op he says that we should install a custom rom manually before using rom manager. Is there a reason why? Also I read somewhere that somebody couldn't get a custom rom running on there evo so they had to install something (some kind of drivers i think) but they had to do command prompts which I have no idea how to use. I just don't want to be stuck in recovery after I wipe everything and be messing around with a command prompt. Has anyone else had problems or could give me some insight?
I also read that its recommended to do a nand backup. I used revoked 3.2.1 to root my evo does that make a backup if so how do I access it or can it be saved on a computer just in case. One more question, if I was running a custom rom and there was a sprint update would that mess the phone up, possibly bricking it? And how hard is it to flash back to the stock rom? Is it the same process?