View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 02:45 PM
debarron
PPCGeeks Regular

debarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
no, i just forgot to mention that or thought i did... i can get the phone into either the 0% grey screen or the Loading... grey screen. the phone sits at that screen indefinitely.....

according to the hard-spl-unlock web site, i was thinking it meant the "no functional USB port" error they describe.

question: when you say "black screen" do you mean the multi-color screen with "USB" in the white portion at the bottom? this is the screen i see immediately before either of the grey screens.

i have the same experience as you with running the manual-SSPL program. it just locks my phone. i agree, tho, if we can get past that point we can flash. but, what to do? so we need to figure out how to get manual-SSPL to autorun upon bootup? and when it does, then run the unlocker? is that what you're thinking?

marvin
When I say black screen, I mean black screen. When you run the Auto flash using the HSPL Unlocker, it puts the phone into a black screen (which I'm thinking is the SSPL), it's then that the phone will actually load the new bootloader.

We don't need manual-SSPL to autorun on bootup, but need it to run without locking up the phone. If that puts it to the black screen, then you should be able to flash the new bootloader.

Yup the black screen is the SSPL. Below is from the HSPL site.

nothing happens on the device, does not enter black screen mode:
- anyone having problems with the device crashing instead of entering SSPL, make sure you've used Automatic flash mode before to put the device in SSPL (if you hard-reset your device, you have to repeat Automatic flash mode at least once).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
hey, when you enter the bootloader screen, what version of SPL do you show?

i'm wondering if these phones that won't unlock have a unique version loaded.

marvin
When I got the phone it had the 0.72 SPL on it which is the one that comes with the stock 6.5 ROM. I tried at one point flashing to the 6.1 ROM which then puts the 0.61 SPL on it, but didn't have any luck that way.