View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:34 PM
ichthus
PPCGeeks Regular

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
isvthis a step farther than youv gotten in the last couple weeks?
no, i just forgot to mention that or thought i did... i can get the phone into either the 0% grey screen or the Loading... grey screen. the phone sits at that screen indefinitely.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarron View Post
I've experienced something similar to what ichthus mentioned. I copied the RUU files and .nbh file that the HSPL unlocker extracts to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\export (probably not the exact same directory on a 32-bit OS). When I run it from my PC I get an Error 246 Device Not Responding (same as when I try a manual flash from the HSPL unlocker), but when I run it from my SD card it sits at loading. If I use a different RUU, then it goes to the 0% progress screen and sits there until it times out. The reason behind this I believe is due to SSPL needing to be run (the black screen it goes to on a normal Auto-Flash using the HSPL unlocker) before the bootloader can be flashed. When I would try the Manual-SSPL it would cause the phone to lock up but never put it in the black screen. If we could get it to run, then I think we could get around the limitation.
according to the hard-spl-unlock web site, i was thinking it meant the "no functional USB port" error they describe.

question: when you say "black screen" do you mean the multi-color screen with "USB" in the white portion at the bottom? this is the screen i see immediately before either of the grey screens.

i have the same experience as you with running the manual-SSPL program. it just locks my phone. i agree, tho, if we can get past that point we can flash. but, what to do? so we need to figure out how to get manual-SSPL to autorun upon bootup? and when it does, then run the unlocker? is that what you're thinking?

marvin