View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[10-11-10]★SharkieROM v2.0★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

Aight so v2.0 is up on the 1st post. I decided to go with a version 2.0 because I feel it's a significant step up from where my original v1.0 ROM was. It's got a new Sense, new Co0kie and all the things that I've fixed and worked on since my initial ROM release.

CHT 2.0 comes preloaded on the ROM. I've included CHT 1.8.5 in the \Cabs directory along with a disable RSS home tab feed (BIG thanks to Indagroove over at MobileUnderground.info for this!) if you like CHT v1.8.5 better. Make sure to run the disable RSS cab first, then install CHT v1.8.5 or your Home Tab will be screwy.

As always, when you're messing with Sense mods, DISABLE SENSE FIRST. While it's not always absolutely necessary, it's never a bad idea!

Home 2018 doesn't naturally show the Carrier Name on the Home Screen. For some reason I can't figure out how to use the tool that I need to use to edit the file that I need to edit to get the carrier name to show. It's something that I'm still working on. When I get it, I'll upload a .cab so you can have the carrier name show if you want. It someone already knows of a cab to do this, PLEASE post it up!
Although, I think that on 21916 the Carrier Name shows in the top taskbar. Sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't. I'm not sure what's up with that. If someone knows a little more about that, please share.

You'll notice I added an animated.gif to this one. Be gentle on my .gif. I just learned how to make one yesterday and so it's not very good, but it was fun learning and I look forward to making better ones as I practice more. For the time being, I felt that it suited my needs. Hopefully it will be easily changeable. Let me know how this goes for you guys that like to change the animated.gif.

I had planned on skinning CHT some more, but I was having difficulty deciding what route I wanted to take with it. I didn't want to push back releasing the ROM anymore due to indecisive skinning. As you well know, there are many mods for CHT so you can skin it however you like.

Any .cabs that are prefaced with "SR" (Sharkie ReMiX) means that they have been altered in some way by me, whether it be something as simple as my preferred start menu placement (CHTEditor, for example) or switching out files and PNGs for my own (CHT, for example). So if you would rather have a "clean" version of said .cab, you can delete mine and use your own.

A note on 6.5 (21916)... I only ran this build for a few days. It seemed stable to me, but a few days isn't really enough time to judge especially since I flashed a couple of times during that. I've not heard anything negative about the build as of yet, so hopefully it's stable. If it's not, please let me know. I still have more work to do on my 6.5 theme, so forgive the fact that it can look incomplete at times.

Uummm.. I had much more to say, but I gotta get ready for work. I have to work all day so I won't be in the thread much. Have patience if you have issues. Hopefully there are none.

As usual, I hope everyone enjoys the ROM!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-15-2010 at 11:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.