View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 AM
quick99si
Halfway to VIP Status

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asurion tells me no more TP2 for you!

I had the infamous TP1 keyboard problem, for which 5 TP1's were sent as replacements. The 5th one was a change to a TP2 (which I didn't want but it was that or an HTC Touch) and that one eventually suffered from the liquid screen branding.

Now this TP2's keyboard is acting up and because it's still under manufacturer's warranty, I called in for a replacement as per their 1-year warranty/guaratee/blah. I want to say they made me hard reset the phone 3 times, take it to the store who also performed a hard reset, then call them back again for ANOTHER hard reset (I kinda faked this one)... I was eventually handed off to a supervisor, who was clearly having a bad day, and he told me that no more shipments will be made because I had too many phones sent to me.

Maybe if the TP didn't suck and your warranty was well, non-existent

I asked for his understanding of the policies in place by Asurion as to how they partain to my situation, he explained what I expected to hear in a snobby tone, and continued to insist that it was "too many" shipments (the last two have taken place over 12 months).

Has anyone had a similar situation caused by the problem-plagued Touch Pro? The BBB claim has already been filed, and the number they have on file with the BBB rings for 30 seconds then hangs up lol