View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
DougB
Lurker

DougB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DougB Send a message via Yahoo to DougB Send a message via Skype™ to DougB
Re: Updated: 02/05 - NO LONGER WORKING on Sprint - Real Picture Mail (PicMail, MMS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardoc64 View Post
Didn't work here either. Sprint evidently still wins in the blocking department.
Unfortunately they don't win in the Q4 2007 earnings department...they just posted a $28B loss...but what's gonna hurt them even more is when they lose my business as soon as I decide which GSM smartphone I'm buying. I don't care if I end up paying more...after being a customer for going on 10 years now they have a hell of a way of showing their apppreciation (turning off MMS, not tailoring at least a segment of its offerings for WM phones, still advertising things like Sprint TV and PictureMail for WM phones, etc.). Someone from Sprint called a few days ago offering a measley 10% off if I signed on for another 2 years and sorry for her she got an earful (but of course with the caveat that I'm not upset with her, but rather Sprint).

With Qwest in negotiations with Verizon and Sprint not really having anything on the horizon worth sticking around for (at least as far as I know, and I'm more plugged into the industry than most, and certainly way more than the average consumer) I really wonder what's going to become of the pindropper.

- Doug