View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
2. I set up Activesync with my hosted exchange account and everthing worked flawlessly. However, I believe (as some other people have posted - maybe on the other board?) that the data connection never closes once . I'm not relying on the arrows at the top of the screen to check this - I'm relying on the icon for data connection within comm manager (when you hold down the IE hard key). This icon never greys out like I think it does/should when the data connection is dropped? (I may be wrong about this). May need to test this in a more robust fashion.
Microsoft Direct Push works exactly this way - it keeps the data session open (that's how it knows new mail has arrived...) http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...03/424028.aspx

So if you are using direct push (ie, if your exchange server supports it) then you'll have an always-connected data session.

Quote:
"The file ':RRegistry' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file."
Did you install .NET version 1 or 2? Sounds like the error you get when you haven't.