View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Gorby
PPCGeeks Regular

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Disassembly with Photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig407 View Post
i have a minor problem with my sprint tp2 ive dropped it a few times and now it slides a little too much in the other direction..ie the oposite way the qwerty opens. and it doesnt sit flush anymore. other than a few nicks and scratches and the slide working great. any of you guys ever fixed this?????
Sliding too much to the other direction is most likely due to rubber stoppers inside being "sliced" a bit. I have the same problem with mine and I bought a broken TP2 of the bay to take apart and see what's inside. There are two small T-shaped rubber stoppers on each side which serve as bumpers to the sliding mechanism when it opens and closes. The problem is that the metal that bumps them is pretty thin so with enough pressure (or given enough time) it makes a small cut in the rubber bumper allowing the assembly to go just a bit more to the side. It is easily fixable by replacing the bumpers (flipping them over may work too maybe) but you would need a spare set. There are other creative ways to fix it but in my opinion it was not worth it to take mine apart to fix this and risk breaking something else in the process. But you can give it a shot