View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
karenes721
Lurker

karenes721 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink Re: Update[9-23-10]★SharkieROM v1.3★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Originally Posted by Sharkie405
What's up Karenes!! Thanks for trying out my ROM! I'm glad you're liking it so far.

As far as GPS, I don't have any trouble with bing or google maps. Google Maps usually takes a few seconds to find me. Obviously, this greatly depends on where you are, what radio you're using, inside or outside, etc...
Bing seems to take slightly longer than Google Maps on my phone to find my location, but it always does.

I'm not sure why you'd be unable to get a fix using Bing or Google Maps. I'm assuming you've tried Quick GPS? Not that it should matter really, but it may help you get a fix sooner. I'll look around tonight or tomorrow when I have time and see what I can find on those scenarios. Sorry I don't have a quick fix for you right now. It's hard for me to work on issues that I can't recreate on my phone. I'll let you know what I come up with...

Anyone else having any "unusual" GPS issues with GM or Bing?

Thanks again for coming out of your lurking state to say what's up! I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the warm welcome - made my day!

Ok - this is the craziest thing. I reloaded your ROM on Monday, and couldn't log into anything. Not FB, not any maps (Google nor Bing), Twitter, weather - nothing. Then all of a sudden this morning everything was working except Google. It says "your current location is temporarily unavailable" but Bing found me. As you know, I am such a novice (hence why I "lurk") at this so I'm pretty sure it's operator error vs anything else. As long as I can get one map to work then I won't stress, it's when I can't get myself out of a wet paper bag that I worry .

Thanks ~Karen
This post has been thanked 1 times.