View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 AM
crazaytalent
PPCGeeks Regular

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Epic user. Many questions

these are just my two cent based of gten's answer but he's pretty much right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Rooting does not erase anything and so far does not conflict with upgrades. It gives you admin type access to your phone to modify system files, tether, do full backups and etc.

Check out the Accessories forum, there are reviews for screen protectors...while our phone is made out of Gorilla Glass its not indestructible so it don't hurt to have a screen protector.

It may be possible but I don't use fb on my phone much so cant say sorry.

Juice Defender is a popular app..it helps you tweak your phone to get more battery...if your root get Titanium Backup. You may also want to get a few widgets..maybe Fancy Widget clock or something..
rooting wont affect updates as he said, but be mindful, once u root of messing with or removing system apps as that will I suggest developing ur knowledge of rooting clockwork mod, backing up ur device etc... that way if u do mess with hat... that way u will know how to get back whatever settings needed for future updates.

Accesories forum as he suggested many users including myself have given input on some of the items we use

Yes if u can sync ur facebook contact w/ ur device contact it will add the pics they have on fb to ur contact... but in order to do so, u basically have to match all the names of the contact on ur device, with there names on facebook so that the syncing process will recognize the and connect the two

personally some favs of mine are "beautiful widgets", "pure grid calender widget", "copy paste it", "dolphin browser" , "Tapatalk" , feeder and tons more... depending on how u use ur device... most of this i list just add some basic functionality I needed that i felt was left out or could have been better... everything else u should explore and see for urself... check the regular market, and app brain market and just search google for the type of apps u might want