View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: New Epic user. Many questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
Hey everyone. I just received my Epic yesterday and I love it so far. I came from a Touch Pro that hardly worked so this is like a huge upgrade. I have a few questions:

1) What is rooting? Is it good to do? Why? Also if I root can I still download the upgrades Sprint/Samsung/Android put out? Will everything be erased if I root?
Rooting does not erase anything and so far does not conflict with upgrades. It gives you admin type access to your phone to modify system files, tether, do full backups and etc.

Quote:
2) Do you guys use any screen protectors or body protectors on the Epic? Can you recommend any?
Check out the Accessories forum, there are reviews for screen protectors...while our phone is made out of Gorilla Glass its not indestructible so it don't hurt to have a screen protector.

Quote:
3) Is there anyway to have facebook pics be the pics for my contacts? None of my friends have their phones numbers on fb so I couldnt sync them. I have to put the numbers in manually.
It may be possible but I don't use fb on my phone much so cant say sorry.

Quote:
4) What apps/programs do you recommend I download. Like any must have programs/apps?
Juice Defender is a popular app..it helps you tweak your phone to get more battery...if your root get Titanium Backup. You may also want to get a few widgets..maybe Fancy Widget clock or something..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)