View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 03:21 AM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon XV6700, install smooth, issues I've seen

I'm a Verizon XV6700 user; took the plunge tonight and loaded 3.3. The install went smoothly once I told Activesync not to sync via USB before I loaded the flash utility.

After loading 3.3 I did a hard reset and skipped the VZW customizations entirely (I always do this). I did the Pics & Videos fix (worked fine) and installed .NET CF 2.0 from the CAB installer. I do know how to properly hard reset, since that has come up a few times.

Machine works fine, very stable so far. I installed some other apps:

Handyswitcher
Onlock
Startclean
iGuidance 3.01
Resco Explorer + Registry Plugin + FTP plugin
Resco Picture Viewer
MS Voice Command 1.6
CEdit
PocketXPDF
SPB Backup

Also paired my Samsung WEP200 BT headset.

Editing my post:

After playing around with this (more details will follow as I troubleshoot and get more information), I think all of my issues probably relate to installing .NET CF2 at the wrong time (after other apps) and who knows what else. Sometimes things just appear to go wonky on this phone.

1. Audio gateway not closing on the headset - after re-flashing this is ok now. I suspect maybe when I flashed before I had installed MSVC 1.6 and then .NET CF2 afterward, maybe something got messed up here. It's working now.

2. [edit: people have noted below that the icons in connection manager are always lit up green when activesync push is enabled; this is correct so it's not clear just from the icons whether data is always connected or not - I didn't have 3.3 on my device long enough to test battery life, but in light of most of my issues being non-issues or fixable, I will probably flash back and try again]

3. Someone asked about suspending the XV6700 when there's an active Wifi connection. I did this and had no problems whatsoever.

4. Resco Registry editor not starting - now it does. Again I suspect .NET CF2 being installed first has solved this one.

5. [edit: removed issue about backlight reverting to 10 seconds - it happened when I flashed back to the stock ROM as well, even after a hard reset! Must relate to the order in which I install my programs, and I was able to fix it in the old ROM. If I flash back to 3.3 I'll try the same fix and assume it'll work.]

6. [Edit: removed section about PocketxPDF, it's a program bug that exists in v0.4 on any ROM.]

Other than that, I've had no problems with my SD card, and it's too #$%^ freezing cold outside to go grab my iBlue from the car to see if iGuidance crashes.

Thanks to all who put this together and everyone who has posted their ideas and comments!

The machine responds much more quickly than before. Hard to gauge battery life right now because I'm having so much fun playing around with it, I'm using it all the time.