View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:47 PM
machek
PPCGeeks Regular

machek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I confirm I can use TP2 overseas ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplsfalls1973 View Post
I forgot to mention, just because your phone numbers are already stored in the phone does not mean that you will be able to dial as you would here in the United States. You probably will not. Typically you would add 001 then the area code to call the United States, or 0044 to call the UK etc. If you plan to call the United States much I would suggest purchasing a $39 Magic Jack and taking an inexpensive corded telephone and using the free wifi connections most hotels have available. It could save you allot of money. Calls to the US from most of the countries I have traveled to or lived in are around $.75 to $1 a minute which adds up quikly. I have yet to travel to a country which blocks the ports for Magic Jack whereas I have traveled to countries which block other VOIP alternatives.
I have a question related to this, does that mean that when you place your sim from the country your visiting, do your contacts phone numbers come up in your contacts list, or do they not since you now have a new number, Correct?

Secondly, I'm assuming by placing a new sim in, you have a new number therefor your friends cant call you unless you give them that number?

Thirdly, I have asked this before but never really got a straight answer, but seeing as how if I was to go overseas, I wouldnt want my emails to come, so how do you turn data off. (and will this include all data off, like weather, stocks, groovemobile, etc)