Old 10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
jae.farah
N00b

jae.farah is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adding Arabic/Non-Latin Fonts to Evo

Ok. So I did this yesterday and here is the review:

The install process was cake. I mean you just put that file on your sd card. boot up your phone in recovery tell it to install file from sd and it worked great. "ofcource i have a rooted phone.
*When it was done and I rebotted. I thought that i briked my phone because the animation for the sprint evo 4g is gone now.. but it did boot and booted fine.
*I downloaded a couple of Arabic keyboards and enabled them. I was able to type in Arabic and the letters were connected just fine. I tried to send txt messages in arabic to two people with iphones, one is an iphone 4 and one is an iphone 3g , both with arabic enabled. and neither one of them was able to read it. I also had them send txt to me and i wasn't able to read it. I was however able to post arabic status on my facebook. and that worked.

*I believe that this is good but needs more work. i will be removing it because the reason for me installing it was to communicate with my friends using sms and since this doesn't address that side of it then i don't need it. I also would like to have my normal bootup screen back rather than a black screen. I just don't see why this took it off??