DaddyLongLegs
PPCGeeks Regular

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LG Fathom ArcSoft client removal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprasad View Post
I'm not sure about getting rid of it, but you can make it more tolerable when you upgrade the phone software to VS750ZV5 (from VS750ZV4 which seems to be what was on the phones that were released in June), it will upgrade your ArcSoft Powermobia Message from 5.5.11.34 to 5.5.11.50 which has threaded SMS messaging and fixes the texting to birthdates bug.

The update program can be found here:
LG Official Service
or here:
Mobile Phone Support

The VS750ZV5 update also upgrades from Office Mobile 2007 to Office Mobile 2010.

And yes, the update will completely wipe your phone to a factory state, so back up all your stuff.

Caveat: According to LG, the installer is supposedly temperamental; it worked fine with my first brand new Fathom on my Windows 7 x64 machine.
However, to address a wireless issue (from since I first bought the phone), Verizon replaced it with a Certified Like New phone (2nd Fathom) which does not take the upgrade from either my Windows 7 x64 machine or any of my Windows XP 32-bit machines .
I received my second replacement (my 3rd Fathom so far) yesterday and it also does not take the update from either Win 7 x64 or Win XP 32-bit.
I've seen one other post in the LG Forum to show that perhaps it's an issue with the Certified Like New phones rather than the installer.
I'm thinking perhaps I should have documented some of the hardware identifiers in case these are a specific batch.
Your Mileage May Vary.
Thanks. I already did the update and it is more tolerable, but I'd still rather use the regular SMS. For such a "vanilla" phone without much bloat I'm surprised they put this Arcsoft crap on there.

Anyway, I had the same issue as you updating my phone, and mine is brand new. The program kept constantly saying I had the latest update even though I didn't. Honestly I forgot how I fixed it, I think I plugged and unplugged the phone a thousand times before it took. But it did work, so don't worry. The updater program just sucks.

Lets just hope custom ROMs come out for this phone soon. I don't know why it doesn't; I love everything about the Fathom more than the Touch Pro2 so far. It's so damn fast, there's no lag at all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.