View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
adb remount works fine when the phone is all booted up, however after flashing I get a one-way ticket to Bootloop City if I replace framework-res.apk.

If I try adb remount in recovery I get "remount failed: Invalid argument"

If I simply do adb push to replace framework-res.apk it loooooks like it works, but after booting up the phone and doing adb pull, it's still the old file...nothing is updated. I'm assuming this is because /system wasn't mounted when I tried to push.

I'm too much of a n00b to figure out how to resolve this, even after a couple hours on Google.

I did figure out a quick-fix, which is making a flashable update.zip, but I'd like to know how to do this using ADB for future reference.
Sorry, missed the recovery part. The mount code from recovery is different:
adb shell
mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

I'm no adb pro but I'm 99% on that mount code.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-30-2010 at 08:57 AM.