View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 02:01 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLite View Post
Will there be?
I was under the impression that SD was actually faster then NAND (at least, thats what I was told by some devs) (some benchmarks pointed that out). Was that information not true, or are there more factors then pure read/write speed (like latency/overhead etc?)
Generally speaking, NAND is fairly slow at writing, but read speeds aren't that bad. There will be a small performance penalty for running off the SD card, but I guess if you have a fast enough SD card, then you might see better performance. Another downside to running off the SD card will be lower battery life since the SD interface is always running.

I've not seen any benchmarks of running things on the NAND vs SD card, but it all depends on the the flash memory that is used and how it was implemented.