View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Wunder
Regular 'Geeker

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Re: Battery Drain, and the culprit App IS.....

Today I'm a very happy camper so I thought I'd report:

After a full Hard Reset I've been slowly adding apps for the test. I wasn't too optimistic to start because my screen would turn on mysteriously when the phone was bone stock (WiFi was activated as well as google sync)

Then last weekend everything has changed. Sunday I went to bed and realized I hadn't charged my phone all day, over 13 hours. Then yesterday I went to bed after 17 1/2 hours without a charge. FANTASTIC!

I'm syncing Google as items arrive, facebook and twitter every hour. Live Wallpaper (Galaxy). My TWS (Time Without Service) is at 2%. Screen accounting for about 25% of battery use. Both of these days I went without WiFi. I did use Bluetooth for a couple short drives and overall my use was heavy/moderate including 45 minutes or so of gaming (Gamelofts high rez 3d games Asphalt and Dungeon Hunter).

Did this OTA update + Hard Reset finally do the trick? I'm leaving WiFi off mostly and GPS (GPS is a funny thing, because if you turn on all the location stuff, the phone does a great job of finding your position without GPS when your searching the map, after turning GPS off I realized that I rarely use it so it's not a big deal to turn it on when necessary) Did I mention I haven't even reinstalled Juice Defender yet!?!

Looking forward to a third day without charging mid-way, wish me luck. Here are the apps I've installed so far:

DirecTV
DirecTV Sunday Ticket
Games: Armored Strike, Dungeon Hunter (Gameloft-High Rez 3d),
Google Voice
Google Maps Update
Google Goggles
PdaNet
Twitter
Yahoo Fantasy Football '10
Retro Camera

Next install will be DropBox....

Did I help? The is down to the right

Last edited by Wunder; 09-28-2010 at 10:35 PM.