View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 10:19 AM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO vs Epic.. Thinking of Evo, need opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
with those things in mind. i have to think about what i want to do with the device and what i HAVE already been using my previous devices for. im a business user that also likes to have phone with my devices...my use/wants have mainly been:

1) ability to check all my email accounts on the go and send email as well (i have 5 accounts that need constant checking)
2) ability to view, edit, create MS-Word documents and other files from MS-Office.
3) ability read PDF docs (being able to create would be good too)
4) i want to be able to play some games while im in court and have down time
5) must have FM radio! i was pissed that this was something the TP2 didnt get and i got drained waiting for developers to figure it out...dont know if they ever did.
6) i dont want to have to do a lot of extra adding ROMs to get my phone to be good. i want something that is excellent out the box.
7) no freezing, stalling, black screen of death, malfunctioning keyboards, super hot battery, or any of the other issues that plagued the TP2. these issues made what should have been my "2 year phone" into my "i can't wait to something better comes out" phone.
#2 Will be the one you'll probably have to work the most at, since it's not integrated. The Evo does come with quickoffice which lets you view, but not edit or create. But there are options in the market.

If you do a lot of editing, the Epic's hardware keyboard might be beneficial.

#5 Evo has an FM, but it barely can get a signal in my experience.

#6 Only if you want to, but not needed at all IMHO. +1 Excellent out of the box.

#7 Solid OS, doesn't compare to what you have had to put up with on WM.

-CC

EDIT: After reading the whole thread, it seems it's gone somewhere else and become a "I gotta defend my device" thread.. It's a shame, it has some good reference points.

Last edited by clockcycle; 09-28-2010 at 10:31 AM.