View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:31 PM
KaliS
PPCGeeks Regular

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Re: EVO vs Epic.. Thinking of Evo, need opinions

i love this thread as it is offering relevant thoughts to consider regarding EVO vs. EPIC buying decision. im facing the same dilemma as i approach my upgrade time in october . im in a TP2 now and have been with HTC since they had the ppc-6700, so a hardware keyboard is what im used to. that being said, if there was an onscreen keyboard that i could get all the functionality out of it i was definitely consider it, hence the EVO choice. i also like huge screens and the EVO wins there. that being said, the EPIC also has a huge screen and with other goodies (gorilla glass and super amoled). i think the the choice of differences seems to boil down to these:

EVO
-huge screen that is excellent
-HTC sense
-large community support that is very active for some time now
-more hype and "it" factor
-captures what iphone haters love, bigger screen with a different look that can do everything iphone can.
-solid HTC support, perceived from manufacture track record

EPIC
-very large screen that is super amoled & gorilla glass
-excellent processor
-excellent graphics for gaming & advanced multimedia
-great battery life
-excellent keyboard
-more up to date build quality
-"wait & see" support perceived from manufacturer

with those things in mind. i have to think about what i want to do with the device and what i HAVE already been using my previous devices for. im a business user that also likes to have phone with my devices...my use/wants have mainly been:

1) ability to check all my email accounts on the go and send email as well (i have 5 accounts that need constant checking)
2) ability to view, edit, create MS-Word documents and other files from MS-Office.
3) ability read PDF docs (being able to create would be good too)
4) i want to be able to play some games while im in court and have down time
5) must have FM radio! i was pissed that this was something the TP2 didnt get and i got drained waiting for developers to figure it out...dont know if they ever did.
6) i dont want to have to do a lot of extra adding ROMs to get my phone to be good. i want something that is excellent out the box.
7) no freezing, stalling, black screen of death, malfunctioning keyboards, super hot battery, or any of the other issues that plagued the TP2. these issues made what should have been my "2 year phone" into my "i can't wait to something better comes out" phone.