View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 05:20 PM
bobturismo
Regular 'Geeker

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tips for tethering?

How's your reception?

When I went to Las Vegas recently, I couldn't get tethering to work for more than few minutes when I was at the hotel we were staying at, as soon as I walked outside, it worked a lot better.

On top of which, where you are at is simply high traffic and high signal noise. Tell everyone to stop using their sprint internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
This may sound crazy but my tethering experience changed when I ditched my Windows XP (nothing wrong with it, ran fine) and bought a Windows 7 pc. On XP I couldnt get tethering going for long, maybe 3 or 4 hours. But now with Windows 7, it stays connected until I disconnect. BTW I never changed any info in my phone as far as tethering, so both OS's ran off the same setup.

Could operating system make a difference? Or am I just crazy? LOL
This is definitely another possibility, but more along the lines of your settings.

If you are running XP, backup everything on your computer and format your hard drive. Not only will you have a fresh and smooth running copy of XP, you'll know the computer will be at it's optimum.
This post has been thanked 1 times.