View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 07:01 PM
m4f1050
Halfway to VIP Status

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I think you're mixing up RAM and ROM. Let's stick with Android for this example - anything we install it will take up memory on the SD card. Any app that's RUNNING will take up RAM. RAM is used by everything - it's a placeholder for information between the processor and disk.

So Advanced Task Killer will free up RAM when you kill apps. If you remove the app from your phone, you free up space on the SD card.

Make sense? This is all pretty OT too dude... I'm not sure where you should ask these questions either tho lol.
I know that part, now that we have the OS on the SDCARD and we install software it goes to SDCARD, but what about when we install software on Windows Mobile, where is our "hard drive" for the phone? If RAM gets wiped out when we power-cycle the device, where are these programs getting installed at? I install to "DEVICE" not "SDCARD" so there must be some "memory" that doesn't get wiped out on power-cycle....