View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
As in pure NAND?, im not working on anything relating to that. Wozz is the pioneer and probably the most experienced in that area so i'll leave it up to him to champion that area of the development.

Do you know how to compile the kernel ? it would be great if more people were able to compile it and test it. I'm still trying to finalize the battery changes so we have more accurate readings. After that i'll probably venture into the panel light staying on issue. Thats killing power like no other so it needs to be looked into.

I may need to go back to wince to look into the 3d issue. Unless someone wants to start dumping memory off haret .. so much to do ..
I've compiled linux kernels in the past, though I have yet to do one for Andriod. Let me run through this and see if I have the right process, and maybe give me a refresher.

I'm cloning git://gitorious.org/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm.git
Then checkout htc-msm origin/htc-msm
Then make defconfig (What defconfig are we using?)
Then clean
Then cross compile zImage (What is the path to the toolchain we are using?)

Do we care about cleaning compiled files and rebuilding from scratch? I've got a Core i7 930 machine with a Vertex 2 SSD to crunch this on. I'm totally willing to help. Just need specifics