View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:01 PM
m4f1050
Halfway to VIP Status

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You're making my brain hurt... I don't know what you're trying to ask, and I think you might be using the wrong terms.

RAM is volatile. It is wiped every time you shutdown your phone (or computer).

ROM is where the WinMo OS is stored. We're trying to get Android to take over this portion, so WinMo would no longer be required on our phones - we could run pure Android.

I'm still not sure if that answered your question.

Yep. So what memory does the OS use when we install programs? (For example, APK's, will it take up RAM therefore giving less RAM to the OS? The OS needs memory to run software as well to store them, computers have hard drives where programs get stored and when you run the program it gets moved to RAM.

Ok, lets see it this way... When you use ADVANCED TASK KILLER you have a FREE MEMORY that gets decreased when you have a WM ROM installed on the phone, also when you install APK's this memory starts decreasing....! So if we keep the OS and installed apps on SDCARD we will have all this RAM available for the OS, correct?