View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:41 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
Correct, that's what I meant. There is RAM which (in WinMo's case it's used when you flash a ROM (not the ROM memory but the ROM that you flash to the Flash memory (or is it ROM?) LOL) What I am trying to ask is...if we don't flash a WM_ROM it will not occupy RAM (or memory) therefore allowing more RAM for the OS, and if we start installing software, (I THINK) this memory will start decreasing, correct? Therefore if we install to /SDCARD or even the whole OS keep running it from the SDCARD we will have all this free memory for the OS...correct?
You're making my brain hurt... I don't know what you're trying to ask, and I think you might be using the wrong terms.

RAM is volatile. It is wiped every time you shutdown your phone (or computer).

ROM is where the WinMo OS is stored. We're trying to get Android to take over this portion, so WinMo would no longer be required on our phones - we could run pure Android.

I'm still not sure if that answered your question.