View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 09:39 AM
apet8464
N00b

apet8464 is keeping up the good workapet8464 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Some initial observations on the new compact start menu (CSM). First, I would like to suggest that when posting about the new CSM, that everyone indicate whether they are on 23xxx or 21xxx since it seems to be relevant. For the record, I'm running 21xxx at the moment.

I am probably one of the few that has continued to install QM since it was removed from Energy's ROMs back in the Feb/March timeframe. Until recently, I just installed it on top of whatever ROM I was using, and tweaked a few of the settings. It works great and makes task switching from the hard Win key simple. Recently, I tested removing the native WM start menu to save memory, and had pretty good results.

Yesterday, I flashed to 9/18 STD Energy 2.5 21xxx, and applied the CSM setting Energy just added. So far, it has worked as advertised - though as expected, there are a few small bugs to be ironed out. I too am experiencing the soft Win key issue. Sometimes it will pull up QM and sometimes it won't. When it does, it's very laggy and frequently locks up. Going to sleep mode and back seems to unlock the screen effectively. Either way, using the soft key to invoke QM is laggy and inconsistent. In search of a solution, I just went into QM > Options and checked 'Replace System's Start Menu', and it seems to have fixed the issue. Only time will tell.

Also, another observation with the CSM is that there does not seem to be a way to get to 'Lock Config' using the QM. I had to go back to the default WM start menu to apply auto-lock and then go back to the CSM/QM. Maybe I just missed it, so if someone else has spotted the Lock Config setting in the CSM, please speak up.

I have also experienced inconsistent results when switching between the full WM start menu and the CSM. Even after the prescribed soft reset, sometimes it switches back, and sometimes it doesn't. After a few tries, it will eventually make the switch, so not a big deal.

As for battery life, it seems to be about the same as usual for me.

Last edited by apet8464; 09-19-2010 at 09:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.