View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
neodorian
Halfway to VIP Status

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Read me in TIME Magazine defending the WM-based phone over iPhone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
Apple has a very good way of taking basic features that EVERYTHING has and acting like its the best reason to buy their product. I mean seriously, listen to music, view your pictures, an 'internet communications device?' Shiny interface, animations, and effects, that have nothing to do with the actual functionality (or lack thereof)
Well, at least they take the most commonly requested features that can be implemented well and they give you just those. It's a cross between the all-in-one PPC for the person who wants to do everything and the simple attractive phone for the person who wishes his device had less bells and whistles. Apple tends to focus on a few core functions and makes sure they work reliably and in a good-looking manner. For someone like me the tradeoff isn't worth it but for some it's a great device. I just want too many features to give any up for a slight learning curve or sleeker design.