View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Umpiire
Lurker

Umpiire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Sep 13| 23138 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.· Sense 2018

I have not been able to run the WinMo 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 Energy ROMs until this version. Things would start out OK but once I synced my Exchange and pop3 mail accounts I would run out of RAM and could not retrieve mail. If I shutdown Sense by switching to Titanium it would still not work. So I have been using the WinMo 6.5.5 with Sense 2.1 ROMs. These have been working quite well but I was missing out on Sense 2.5.

The September 13 version Energy.IMAGIO.23138.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass.Sep .13 is working well. Not as fast as the Sense 2.1 version but so far so good. There are some bugs (most of them have been around for awhile) but the email finally is working and I am not running out of free program memory (currently around 18Mb free). On earlier versions I ran out of free program memory pretty quickly. This may be attributed to the page pool changes made in this version.

What are the bugs?
  1. The HTC contacts directory correctly pulls up the names if I press a letter on the right hand side. The WinMo contacts directory does not. The big letter shows on the screen but the list does not change. I haven't noticed this bug before.
  2. YouTube still crashes in HQ mode. This happens with the Sense 2.1 ROMs too and has been on the list for a long time. I have seen this same behavior in some other ROMs also. However, if I cook my own ROM using the base device files from the 3.04 Verizon ROM and build with the newer 6.5.5 builds it works. So NRG, the question I have is which OEM base are you using?
  3. The software information display (Settings / About Phone / Software information) shows the same thing as the hardware information display. This has been like this for as long as I remember in the NRG ROMs.
  4. The plus code dialing is not enabled out of the box. This has been like this for as long as I remember in the NRG ROMs. My contacts all have their country codes as part of the phone number. Without the plus code support turned on the phone won't dial them correctly. I have a registry file that has the keys needed that I load up via XDA_UC. This should probably be included in the base ROM for the Imagio. If anyone wants a copy of my REG file let me know.
I think I've tried every Energy Sense 2.5 ROM posted in the last 4 months so I'm thrilled to finally be able to keep it loaded. Thanks NRG. Great work.