View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 11:20 AM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre/Post ROM flash tasks+Backup/restore, Start 2 Finish Guide+Android*ENERGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
call me dense but im not really getting it do we download both cabs and install them? or are they the same thing and only 1 needs to be installed?? Also that last link to the thread on XDA do we have to manually enter those registry edits or is that wht the cabs are for?And whats that about the DNS ?
Ha, read original linked post & you'll find reg keys they change... you can run either. Run one, do a bench mark test, try the other... I'll clean up & only list the best someday when I get time... I actually went into the reg edit & bumped them more than these cabs... These are for IE, do opera:config (in opera @ URL line (no http & make your opera changes also
*edit* just saw DNS Q: go into your PC or laptop internet settings, IP properties & advanced (i think), manually put in 4.2.2.2 & 4.2.2.1 as your DNS... fast. Not to get too much into this, but if you ping your current DNS & 4.2.2.2, I'd be real surprised if 4.2.2.2 doesn't beat your current one... but it's more than that.. how fast can it resolve a name & return it also... if you do a traceroute (tracert) from dos prompt, to a common url of yours (or test with ppcgeeks.com), look at the ms (time it takes).

Last edited by teradog; 09-24-2010 at 11:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.