View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Alpine-
Regular 'Geeker

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by camtah View Post
FYI - I picked up the Epic on day one and returned it a few days later. I replaced it with the TP2 which works better for me and my expectations.

The Epic processor and screen are top notch, but the GPS issue and lack of real Outlook support, along with the non-existent 4G service inside buildings was the straw that broke the camels back. The eye candy is nice if you want games and pictures, but it is not ready for prime time in the business end. The extra cost (unit and service) was not worth it for me. Also if you are used to the TP2 build quality, I suspect that the Epic may disappoint slightly...IMHO
What do you mean lack of "real" Outlook support? I am in an exchange environment with work and need to access exchange email/calendar. As I understand it, Froyo 2.2 supports synching with exchange for email/calendar/contacts which is I (and most) use. As I understand it these work 100% with Android. Is this not accurate? Did you desire task synching or something else? Please explain because I'm considering moving to Android as well.

What I would REALLY like to see in WM7 & Android supporting accessing multiple calenders via a mobile device. This way you could view your personal Outlook calendar as well as a shared, public office calendar.