View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Right, the 9/4 24xxx was pretty bad on the battery at first but it also ended up being the ROM that gave me 56 hours on a single charge....
Also, in defense of the settle in theory, I've noticed with the last several ROM's that I've flashed that the phone gets very warm, so its doing a lot behind the scenes as well. I also noticed that my data lite on my airave is blinking as well so some data is being sent out which would account for the quicker drain. (or I might just be crazy) Add in the initial google sync and the "myphone" sync and that accounts for a lot of juice use.

In any event, a minimum of 24 hours is required before you can decide if you have a good performing ROM or not. I usually give it 48 hours to be sure.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my start menu just yet, although I use all the quicklinks in CHT more than I use the start menu, so I don't think I'm gonna try the start menu change, but, I think I may give the internet boost cab a try. David
Thanks for the great post! IMHO 3 days, seems to me you were 3 days before battery improved *edit* at least that you were able to specifically give credit to the improvement)** (partially due to location vs prev ROM..) but even so.. 24 certainly not, 48... maybe (not for me), 3rd day is probably a good indicator IF you don't change habits & location (weekend vs weekday)

"phone gets very warm, so its doing a lot behind the scenes as well. I also noticed that my data lite on my airave is blinking as well so some data is being sent out"

Been thinking about that for months, glad you brought it up... data sent... yep to Micro Soft, bank info, first born, addr, phone#, browsing habits, pictures... (sarcasm) BUT, it was VERY interesting what data "showed up" magically on my TP2 when I didn't install ANYTHING doing some testing... NO syncing on my end, no logging into MS or Google, just let it run for 20 hours. I was VERY surprised. That's exactly why the "settle" time IMO!! The first several hours pound data!!?? Also the reason the phone sometimes seems faster later. I found a long time ago, if I let active sync run for the 1st 1/2 hour instead of forcing stop (as usual), everything runs better????? Good one, thanks for bringing that up.

** edit ** sometimes doesn't make logical sense & I can't explain..? But, you'd think the 1st 24 hours on ROM a vs. the 1st 24 on ROM b should indicate the next 24 or 48...?? For some reason.. IMO not even close to directly proportional...? can't explain it....

*edit 2* already out of thanks for the day sorry...

Last edited by teradog; 09-16-2010 at 11:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.