View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Next 20 Questions! Actually... Opinions; TP2 Mods?

lets see:

A ROM is a complete overhaul of everything thats in your device(except the radio)... the Rom does include an OS, but a ROM is much more than that.. technically OS' can be changed without any flashing what so ever.. SPB Mobile Shell would technically be changing your OS.. so would using WAD(wisebar active desktop)... Your honestly NEVER changing your OS unless your switching between winMO 6.1>6.5>6.5.X.. but im sure you get what i mean..

Android works rather well now a days.. youll find some haters, but youll find that with anything.. every except the Camera, MMS, and BT work now-even SOund finally... its still a wrok in progress thats why its beta still... someone like me- who doesnt use cam ever, rarely gets MMS msgs, and has never used BT for anything: Android is more than stable enough for ME to use daily.. as far as eae of install goes, from what i read the Cab version of Project Android usually goes smoothly.. and I only say "from what ive read" because i used a different install method than the Cab version..

a program to fix "being on a call and having complications opening texts"??? well i know theres no app directly geared for that, but lets look at possible reasons why it may be happening... Do you have alot of text messages on your devices? like over a few 100? some people here have 10,000 texts on their phones and wonder why its slow lol...... i txt ALL the time while in phone calls... every now and again ill get some lag, but its usually during the screen orientation process.. at the same time, i know its because of the Rom im running and the chef didnt tweak the dialer right, so landscape and my dailer dont work well together sometime..

cases: hmmm, i dont do cases.. totally understand, especially after a coffee incident, that youd want one... theres quite a few threads here on the site about case comparison.. and theyre filled with user comments about cases theyve bought and what they liked and didnt like.. while your reading and getting familiar with everything here, make a point to go read a few different one.. like i said, when those threads pop up, you cant beat the feedback youll read in them..

and lastly, i agree with all the comments above.. If you REALLY want a good understanding of winMO, PPCS(i know you had a mogul), and modding- seriously spend a good amount of time reading first.. youll save yourself alot of time and hassle that way..

we love to help people here.. even Me, who youll see ranting at people now and again.. Im here several times a day, looking for something to answer, somewhere to pass some knowledge along to... we dont mind lenghty post(just use paragraphs please lol)... so while your doing all you reading, if you have questions, jot them down on a piece of paper and when your ready, just ask all your questions in one thread.. theyll get answered... i think its safe to say alot of us like a challenge when it comes to questions.. and they more in one post the better.. just look at my paragraph structure, i went 1 by 1 through what you were looking for and answered back accordingly... this stuff is fun for me lol

well good luck on modding out the newer TP2, and dont let anyone give ya shit for using the Stock ROM.. when it comes down to it its the most stable and will give you the least compatibility issues when it comes to cab installs... and feel free to ask questions when you have them