View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 AM
MysticThunder
Lurker

MysticThunder is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MysticThunder
Lightbulb Next 20 Questions! Actually... Opinions; TP2 Mods?

okay-
Getting a new tp2 to replace the old tp2 that i posted about earlier today. The replacement should be here Wednesday.

I am an htc addict- I can admit it. I know a lot about the Titan & Tp2. However, I can also admit that I do not know much about rom's and caches and modding and flashing and etc. I know enough about computers to understand installs and everything else.... when its not spoken in super tech dialect. [Not to say Im a total newb, but... Im a nerd, not quite a geek. :P] I understand the programs; i just dont know what their tech names are. (for example: Is a ROM the equivalent of an OS?)

I guess I need to return to my "basic of ppc mod" forums?

Anyway--

Im on US Cellular, who Im not entirely fond of service wise, and I guess Im looking for opinions on a few things program/rom/etc related. I upgraded my htc6800, got a new version of win mobile and some really awesome cabs and such from around this site. Now Im looking to upgrade my tp2.

I saw a few posts about a project for Android on the Rhodium. Anyone know how user friendly that is right now? I understand its beta. Currently my USCC plan has the winmob billing plan- would installing the droid rom require an update to my plan? Anyone with any info on its extent of function would be appreciated.

Aside from that, Im looking to put together the most text/email/Internet/customizable UI possible. I do a TON of texting/Internet work- majority of phone use is these things. It really sucks when youre in a call and cant open the texts without running into complications; anyone know a program to fix this? Also- i can have full service/reception bars a half mi from my house where i only have 2; is there a way to [omg, dare i say it?] overclock the factory installed antenna? (I dont think its something program controlled, is it?) I just dont want some goofy antenna extension hanging like a cellcharm off the handset O_o

Annnnnd lastly- there was a coffee incident that cost me the last tp2. I dont need the extreme AQUAPAC, its not practical for my dailiy life. Im not the kind of girl to just throw myself in a pool with my phone in my pocket- but by god, when youre running on an hour of sleep in 3 days, 28 cups of coffee, and you've still got at least 8 hours of awake time left- COFFEE SPILLS HAPPEN! =\ the splash damage alone is what killed my phone; Ideally a rubber/silicone skin/shell would be best; although it seems out of the question. Anyone know of any decent and practical moisture/bump protection for the tp2? Is the Otterbox @ http://store.ppcgeeks.com/productacc...er-Series-Case suitable for this? Also- does it chip into pieces and break if the cat knocks it off the kitchen table? Every other plastic/rubberized case i've wasted money on cracks on the corner after the first bump and it doesnt fit snug to the phone anymore....

Basically- Im an avid [US Cellular] HTC addict looking to upgrade & protect my factory default TP2 with nifty apps/themes/UI and possibly a new/updated OS. Tryin to make it nifty enough to keep me learning/distracted until i can afford the Desire.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by MysticThunder; 09-15-2010 at 03:25 AM. Reason: more accurate title.