View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 PM
youngpro83
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: epic battery life thought

Okay Im new to the Epic Trend, I came over from the TP2. So I am very familiar with a bad battery experience and what tips Ive done in order to prolong my battery life throughout the day using my TP2 which would get me about 9-10 hours of heavy use, 12-14 with moderate, and sometimes as long as over 24 hours with little to no use. So with my Epic what I did to get about 11-12 hours with little to no use. 9 hours with moderate use. And 6 to about 7 hours strong with heavy use. I mean bashing it with browsing the web, not too many calls, moderate text, And raping the market place! I did install Juice defender and purchased the add on because so many ppl have talked about it. And might I say that my battery now lasts me an extra 1 to 2 hours depending on how I use the phone. I also have all my settings tweaked so that NOTHING auto updates EXCEPT the things I use the most. I have Facebook, email, twitter, and myspace set to only update when I log in. No auto updates. I also have GPS cut off until I am ready to use it. I have my wifi settings turned to off unless its plugged into the charger. My backlight is dimmed all the way down using the light widget from Weather widget that I did purchase for 1.99. Pretty good app. Makes me feel like Im at home with my TP2. Looks like sense!! LOL...Anyways. I have an all black background that I got from the Zedge app. Pretty nice app too. Backgrounds and ringtones. I chose the one that looks like black ice. Looks very slick and sexy. I also have my vibration turned off. All except the bottom home keys. I havent figured out how to do that yet. Also I am constantly turning off my programs before I am about to put my phone to sleep as well. I use the program killer app that comes with the phone. Its in the android widgets folder I believe. Called program killer? Not sure. I also looked and tried some app killers, but they only made my phone either sluggish, or drained more battery than before, Im guessing because it is constantly killing apps it uses more battery. I only use Juice defender for battery saving and it also tells you how much battery life it has saved you under the help option. Along with all the tweaks I mentioned my battery last a very long time!! Keeping in mind that I dont just use my phone......I PLAY with it....constantly. So without charging I get about 9-12 hours of good use. 9 if Im playing on it all the time. Close to about 12 if Im just using it as a phone and not a toy. I have just came to the realization that if I want to just use my phone as a phone and not a toy then I can last all day. BUT if I want to use it as a fun little toy then I am just either going to have to purchase some extra batteries, OR charge it every chance I get. Not even a portable game system like the PSP could last all day if you constantly play it....Trust me I know!

Last edited by youngpro83; 09-15-2010 at 12:13 AM.