View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 04:06 AM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
With PP set to 18, is that better than 12? I know that 18 will run sense and the OS faster but then i will have less room to multitask and run apps that take up lots of ram. I am running aug 18 cookie energy 23xxx and i set the PP to 12... I start with about 50 to 60 after a fresh boot. When i try to play monopoly, sims 3, or tetris... there is a 50 50 chance it may not load. WIth a PP of 18 i will have a harder time loading these large apps right? But NRG didnt set PP to 18 for no reason, he must have done it cuz it was the best option?
No right or wrong... No "better" or worse. Depends on YOU. What you use it for & how... You got it all right up above. Well said.
Not to offend any fanboys out there but.. don't forget, NRG is on a Leo (HD2) for day to day use... (something like 180 MB free after burn... would you care about 10 MB give or take if you had that much?!) :>))

So, in your case, If what you described above is what you do MOST of the time... (instead of just tried it once..) then I'd set it to 8 if I were you!! Heck, try 8, 14, 18, 22 & see what works best for you!

Better yet, dump your start menu!
91 MB FREE!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ml#post1940729

Don't use OCMan startmenu as in post! Will be making thread on this soon. I like FdcSoft_StartMenuv1.7_WM6.cab It's just like the old Quick Menu NRG use to have in his ROM's last Jan/Feb. & that I used on TP1 for a while.
*edit*doing some research for a thread on it & Maan76 had post about this in a diff thread! HERE Dang man, good work.. I can't get that ver of quickmenu to work, that's why I went with FdcSoft... probably a 6.5 vs. 6.5x issue (winkey/start @ top) Credit where it's due!

Last edited by teradog; 09-14-2010 at 11:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.