View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 03:33 PM
hthomas
Halfway to VIP Status

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin View Post
Are you pointing it at the EXT or a folder that contains EXT's?? It needs to be pointed a folder containing an EXT or multiple EXT's and you need to add a destination the converted OEM will go.
EDIT: You will want to replace 0404 or 0804 language folders with 0409 language folders before you convert. Replacing the language stuff afterward is a lot more difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Yeah, like tmartin stated, you are pointing directly to the EXT. Put the EXT's you want to convert into a folder (I use "New Folder" ), then point Packages Converter v1.1.1.0 by Javer to that. This is really the only converter that works that I have found. It puts the .rgu and .txt into unicode, which is needed for OSBuilder.

I recently made my own OSBuilder kitchen and am liking it as well. I still dump ROMs and make EXT's with OSKitchen though. airextreme has done a great job with parsing the initflashes.dat and making the correct app.dat and naming of the EXT. I then use Packages Converter on the EXT's made by OSKitchen. It's kind of backwards, but I get version names in the OEM instead of PACKAGE_ETC and no separate PACKAGE_ETC_0409 (since I only cook 0409). If OSBuilder can dump a ROM and make package named like Adobe PDF v2.5.1.0.404840.03, instead of PACKAGE_AdobePDF, I haven't figured out how to do it.
THANK YOU so much.... Thanks for leading me step by step. I just converted a entire folder of 60+ packages in about 3 seconds. That would have taken most of my spare time for the nite.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

PS Lawsuites Suck: Did Confliper Lockdown his site? When I log on now it ask for login info? Anybody know what is going on?

Last edited by hthomas; 09-13-2010 at 04:11 PM.