View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
djheir
PPCGeeks Regular

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Problems with my Southwing SA505 bluetooth headphones

I just purchased a pair of Southwing SA505 headphones and they sound great! Range is outstanding and I experience little to no chopping (unless I have data/wifi/and bluetooth on at the same time). However, I have a big problem, when I call people they cannot hear me. Here are the facts:
  • Music & sounds play great once paired
  • I've selected both "hands free" and "wireless stereo" selected
  • I can record a voice note in Notes
  • I can create a new Voice Speed Dial and it records just fine
  • When I press the "Record" button on the side, the "listening" sound plays through the phone and it doesn't pick up what I'm saying through the headset.
  • If I call someone I can hear them just fine but they cannot hear me
  • I paired the headset with an old 6700 I have around and it recognized my voice command when I hit the "Record" button. I couldn't test a call with it because it's not an active phone
  • If I press the "play" button on the headset, it activates the "voice command" and the little "listening" sound plays through the headphones but it doesn't pick up my voice
  • While playing music using TCPMP or WMP, the play, next and previous keys do not work at all. Play brings up the voice command, next dials *8 (according to the manual this is a Cingular specific function), and previous does nothing.
Any ideas? I'm thinking there might be a registry setting or something that I could change to make it work but I have no clue.