View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 03:58 PM
blackangst
PPCGeeks Regular

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
"Not according to SCOTUS. Also, people's constitutional rights can be legally withdrawn. i.e. when under incarceration."

No they can not. They can be infringed but not withdrawn. Once you serve your time the infringement (is supposed) to go away.
How about the constitutional right to vote? It is forever taken away if convicted of a felony. You really need to brush up on civics 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
"What? If a SERO plan holder doesnt upgrade there's no change in contract terms. Did you intend to imply this?"

that is PRECISELY what I said. not implied. There is NO requirement to upgrade to cause them to compel you to change your plan. You need merely attempt an ESN change to a "restricted" device and they will tell you NO or you must alter your plan ie contract terms.

no upgrade has occurred in this scenario.

that is my core problem. If I asked sprint for an upgrade I might not like it but I have no problem with them commanding a terms change for that upgrade. but I 100% WILL have to change my hardware at some point if I remain with sprint long enough (15 years and counting)

Assuming I won't tolerate a hardware downgrade at some point they WILL compel me to change my account terms EVEN IF I DO NOT UPGRADE.
"Compel" is the key word. "Force" isnt. End of story.