View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 03:28 PM
nerys
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

I am not the odd one out. its a very small few of you who are the odd ones out actually.

"Nerys, give it up dude. Yeah it would be great to use an EVO/Epic for $30/month but Sprint definitely has the right to say "no you can't." They are providing the Service as you said. If you want a Higher Performance phone they have taken the stand that the service WILL cost you more."

Could care less about the epic or evo as while still dirty and unethical there is precident for the new tech (4g) of which I am not arguing (it may have seemed so in this debate so lets be clear my primary issue is NOT with the 4G charge)

My primary issue is with the Premium SERO upgrade charge for NO upgrade. a "because we can" fee.

Sprint does not have the right. Again privilege not right. They have the POWER yes but not the right.

"I do see the argument though. Since I've "activated" my Samsung Moment on my SERO plan I have actually used less DATA than I was using on my Touch Pro2. Easily checked on Sprint's website."

Correct. anyone who thinks a Pixie or an 8530 or a tour or a Pre is going to use more data with the SAME USER as a TP2 or even my PPC 6700 (which btw ALLOWED tethering under TOS !!) is just insane or just lacks knowledge on this issue.

If ALL PHONES were dumb phones and suddenly these smartphones come out OK you would then have a valid point. YES all smart phones will "typically" use more data on average than a dumb phone.

but they had DOZENS of smart phones out that are NO DIFFERENT (sorry OS is not a difference as far as data usage no matter how many times you proclaim it as such)

If sprint had said ok if you want us to foot some of the bill we need an account change. But they have declared this across the board even if I buy the phone outright.

I simply can not understand why some think this is ok.

it is absolutely positively no different than gas stations simply declaring OK these new cars have to pay more per gallon.

if the gas station subbed part of the purchase price of the car it would be one thing.

they don't and neither does sprint.

I am paying sprint for a SERVICE not HARDWARE.

sprint should have NO SAY in what hardware I use for my service. How anyone can think otherwise it just ALIEN to me. Preposterous.

The Evo and the Epic use a DIFFERENT service (4g) and sprint has the right to charge for that (what is unethical is not them charging for 4g its them charging for 4g where there is no 4g or even if you don't want 4g)

the issue is them charging more for phones that use the SAME EXACT SERVICE as your paying for now. NO DIFFERENT.

JUST LIKE charging more for gas just because its a nicer car. I won't let that analogy go because IT WORKS. its a PERFECT FIT to what sprint is doing to the letter.

The fact that you all agree charging more for gas because of the car you drive is NUTS and do not think the EXACT SAME THING sprint is doing with cell phones is not also nuts is nothing but PURE EGO. There is NO logic in the matter.