View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 03:52 AM
rsuddath
PPCGeeks Regular

rsuddath is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy ¯ |Sep 9| 21916|24634 | Sense 2016 / 2.1 / Titan

Thanks so much NRG for continuing to update the ROMs for us Diamond users and helping keep this aging device as up to date as possible. This is especially amazing given that you do not even have a functional Diamond to test with. Again, Thanks!

I have tried your last two ROMS for the diamond and have the following observations:

1) these are the slickest, best organized and most thoroughly worked out ROMs that I have used that come setup to perform well immediately after flashing. They look great and incorporate the best balance of features and functionality

2) I really appreciate that you continue to offer several builds, not just with 6.5 and 6.5.x but also with all of the different flavors of sense that are available

3) I have Sprint and just have not been able to get the device set up correctly so far. Interestingly, I also have aTouch Pro 2 and had the identical issues with your Touch Pro 2 ROMs. After flashing, the phone typically works fine but I have data issues. Using the included carrier privisioning did not help the Diamond but fixed data on the Touch Pro 2. I installed the Sprint update profile application and it would not work on the Diamond. I finally installed the Sprint DCD carrier .cab on the Diamond and data worked. Unfortunately, I am a heavy user of Google maps and AGPS would not work on your Roms on either device even after these attempts at setting up for Sprint.

I do use an "air-rave" but I have tried activating or using the phone in other areas with no success with the agps. I have used several other ROMS and the energy ROMS seem to be tho only ones that require this tweaking to get data working. AGPS works with the other ROMS that I have tried.

Your ROMS seem to me to be just perfect except for these peculiar issues with data and agps. I am sorry I can't be more specific but if you have any suggestions I would be happy to try out anything.

Thanks again.