View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Aleki
Regular 'Geeker

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
Doesn't really make financial sense to go from $35 bucks a month to $55 (I am including taxes) Thats a 30%+ jump for what? Sprint navigation and any mobile anytime. For someone who doesn't use there phone a lot for talking it doesn't make sense. I really dislike windows mobile, I trouble shoot it more then Windows XP. My touch Pro 2 is running a custom rom and its just amazing how slow SMS and the HTC sense 2.5 become. I look at droid and iphone and its no wonder that windows mobile has erroded over the last few years. Microsoft is a joke, and it amazed me the garbage products they put out. XP took years to become solid. I have to reboot daily which is beyone annoying.

This is obviously one of those things that either you do or you don't. Sprint upcharging 20 bucks for the EVO to Sero, I don't think its fair personally. If anything cell phone plans will continue to get cheaper and cheaper so it doesn't make sense to me.
Taxes and fees vary by state, so its not fair to use that formula. FWIW, my bill is a hair under $41/mnth(including TEP ofcourse). Once I choose to upgrade, I will be paying anywhere from $52-$64/mnth. I dont think we will ever see those figures from the other carriers (even if TMO beats the Sprint rates, I cant find myself drawn to their coverage map). Besides, what will $40/mnth get you with any competitor now-days?

I wouldnt consider WM platform garbage. You are talking about a platform that is almost a decade old, ofcourse its bogged down and dated (you dont see anyone running 2000 Pro or ME anymore, do you?). I'll agree, it is painfully slow compared to the iPhone or Android; but personally, I find myself right at home with the UI.
After playing with the epic for a few days now, I feel like Android is a diluted OS when compared to WM. I find the settings menu to be quite a clusterf**k, and it still doesnt have the options I'm looking for. Oh, and whats the deal with having to manually enable/disable radios every time I exit a program that requests use of the antenna(ie: GPS, WiFi, 4G)?
Now I'm not saying WM is better than Android, they both have their drawbacks; but after playing with a powerful Android device, my anticipation for WP7 has grown considerably. Considering how strict Microsoft's hardware/software requirements(and intuitive dev kit) is for their upcoming platform, I feel we will have a very capable competitor in the near future.

PS: Us legacy SERO users have become quite the spoiled brats. To this day, I cant believe how lucky I am to get in on such a great deal. Even my friends with their shiny new Evo's, iPhones, and Droids are still very envious of my monthly rate. Heck they occasionally throw me offers to get me to swap plans