View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by havek View Post
Yes, flashed with the rooted version of stock (froyo). It's a default thing if you follow the exact steps over at xda (where you suggested i go).

Tried the tethering today and worked just as you said. You are the man.

Hey, sorry to do this to you buuuuut now that I got everything I need/want on my phone i just realized there is one step i have not done. Now brace yourself.... How do I backup my rom? (I think I heard you fall off your lazy boy).

You said once I am done (rooting) to back it (rom) up so i have something to fall back to. Cant i just use the PC36IMG file i used when i flashed it from 2.1 to 2.2?

Or is it another step entirely? And do i store it (file, image, etc.) in the sdcard and when the phone crashes or whatever just reboot into the bootloader and flash or what?

Will this backup cover all my apps and settings too or just the OS, bootloader and default apps?

One last question... is there anyway to reboot from the bootloader without taking out the battery? I mean when i go in the bootloader to look around w/out making changes.
Happy to help Bro.
To pick up where thacounty left off...
The nand is a complete copy of your ROM as it is when you back it up. EVERYthing. When you restore it you will be back to your ROM at the moment you did the backup as if you never left.
To take apps and settings from one ROM to another you want an app like Titanium Backup from the Market-free or paid versions.
To get into Recovery and/or Bootloader easily get Quickboot from the Market-free. It will give you the option to boot into Recovery, or Bootloader directly from the OS. It also has a Reboot option.
Like thacounty said you should be able to choose Reboot from Recovery or bootloader to get back into the OS.