View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:43 AM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Update: I've tried to tether on both CHT and Dinik 24xxx to no avail. If I put the phone in flight mode, or shut off the phone, and start Internet sharing all connections show up fine, but wont connect of course. When I turn the phone back on the Internet sharing connections disappears.
Its not a real big problem,because I can run the wireless router. Its that I run a duel boot system on my laptop. I like running Ubuntu (Linux) but its wifi does not play well with adhoc systems. So for now I will just stick to windows and wifi and see what the latest release does (or go back to 8/28 ).
PS going to get an 8 gig card this weekend and try duel android, life is good Thanks
BURN THIS NEW ROM, I'll bet problem is gone!.. OK, I see.. Linux.. yea * think the orig def for tether was USB, kinda got skewed to cover usb & wifi.. My 2 cents on 8 gig: MUST BE A C6 (class 6) many sites & stores don't & won't tell you... if you can't find doco on a specific SD, then it isn't class 6. Doesn't seem like much diff, but a C6 is 3 times as fast as a C2, when you look at it like that it does matter.

Also, make sure you store all Windows side images (wallpapers, contact pics, etc..) anything on homescreen on your device, not the SD, it'll be much faster loading the homescreen images. I copy over my key contacts & wallpaper & run from main mem.

2 more cents: U don't need 8GB, a reformatted old 1 gig will work just fine for testing. The entire OS & some key apps are 1/2 an NRG ROM! expands to about the same maybe a tad more... giving over 750MB of app & cache space! I'm working on 3 different builds (Blazen, Reference, & XDAndroid) so, you'll want to try a few diff ones & reformat in between. Use the format tool I post a few pages back, click my name, statistics tab, view all posts.. GOOD LUCK, PM me if issues, don't want to overtake this ROM for Droid, however... it's OK to have a few posts, as it is still the boot ROM we use. Some Boot ROM's seem to need a few tricks others don't for example... some need to turn on wifi in win ROM 1st & then boot to Droid, XDAndroid is the one I have wifi tethering working on right now.. still haven't doco'd everything, need to flash this new ROM 1st! :>))

Last edited by teradog; 09-08-2010 at 10:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.