View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Fosters
N00b

Fosters is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you do this DLNA stuff?

I tried the xbox 360 thing in allshare, and wasn't able to get it working... in fact, i wasn't able to get anything working when using the "play" part of the phone, as a remote control. I was able to play things from the phone though via the directv hd dvr, as it found the allshare configured "Samsung Mobile" as a server and was able to play music and photos. However, trying the same thing but playing with the phone's controls (play, forward/reverse) none did anything except pop up a message saying "unable to play".

The 360 didn't even see my phone anywhere, under music library or under media center.

Also, even though the directv hd dvr has functionality to allow playback on a networked pc (i have the directv2pc app on my computer), and while it let me browse the contents of the dvr on the phone, I wasn't able to play anything back. I'm gonna have to record something in SD to eliminate the 1080 resolution bottleneck, but my hopes are small at this point... I'd probably be better off going through the slingbox anyway, the HD dvr is one slow device...