chardog
PPCGeeks Regular

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserker15 View Post
You're right, and if Sprint was say a buffet restaurant owned by my friend and he pulled that trick on me...I'll probably punch him first and then quit being friends with him. But...instead they are a large business that isn't quite financially solid. If they did something unforgivable, then yes I'll stop defending them. However, "unlimited" being unlimited is very common to everyone. If you go to a buffet and somehow magically eat like 50 plates...I'm guessing the manager will not let you in ever again (after he calls 911 in fear you might die from eating 50 plates of course).
similar to the buffet, my unlimited plan actually has a limit, one month + the speed of 3g. If someone can eat 50 plates in a restaurant, it may hurt the bottom line of the buffet, but that's already covered in the price. The buffet already factors in the average consumption and guesses the price to make a nice profit.

the same can be said with sprint.
Quote:
If Sprint gives every SERO user the option to get an android phone without additional profits, they will as a result loose profit because of the costs to offset the increased traffic (if you are already a SERO user using heavy data, this doesn't apply to you...but also know you by yourself do not make up the average SERO user). This doesn't mean that it'll put them in debt or something...it just means there will be less funds for them to invest in future technologies with (phone partnerships, coverage expansion, 4g). Since they are my carrier, it makes sense that I want them to upgrade their service to compete with the other carriers right?
infrastructure argument is moot because the $30 price sprint offered was during the infancy of the 3g infrastructure. it's basically legacy at this point and managing it is only a fraction of what it was before. sprint is just leaving sero users in the dust at this point. pay more because they wont make any 3g phones we can use.

I guess if they made quality phones to start with, I could care less, but that's not the case. phones on the market are made with planned obsolescence in mind. Seriously, the highest quality phone I've ever seen is the iphone series, but even then, you cant change the batteries, so it's planned to die as well. The rest of the phones on the market are basically made to last only a few years.

I dont see why we cant use a 4g phone in 3g mode. there is no argument for this other than forcing users to pay more. it's like forcing everyone to get a high priced internet line, when the low cost one is fine for most users.