View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 PM
spectheintro
PPCGeeks Regular

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
He didn't say that, he said for 500 minutes it seemed expensive. I remember being on a T-mobile plan for 1000 minutes and N&W for $39.
You know, it's interesting you say this. I remember thinking the same thing myself, a while back. It's not just Sprint--in general, I'm kind of shocked at how expensive cell phone plans have become. I guess I expected them to come down in price, since the technology has come so far, but somehow they've all stayed astronomically high. Can you believe the *cheapest* VW plan is $40/mo for just 450 minutes? I was paying the same thing five years ago! (We had a family share plan for three phones, 450 minutes between us, for something like $50.)

I don't think $30 for 500 minutes is unreasonable, but I wouldn't call it cheap intrinsically. It is, unarguably, the best value in the market today, and I'm very thankful I found it, as it's saved me thousands of dollars per year. (4 of us now, all on Sprint.) But I wish there were better plans for someone like my mother, who doesn't text, doesn't use the internet, but actually uses the phone as a phone. It'd be nice to have a 1500/no text/no internet option for the same price. Pipe dreams, i guess.