View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 03:55 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
lol..wait sorry- you think paying 30 bucks a month is too expensive? Wow..
He didn't say that, he said for 500 minutes it seemed expensive. I remember being on a T-mobile plan for 1000 minutes and N&W for $39. Less if you applied corporate discounts if I recall correctly (I think my friend had a fireman's discount, brought the bill down to something like $35 for 1000 minutes). Pre-Cingular AT&T has similar advertised plans as well. Granted, it didn't have data, etc, but if minutes are your concern, 500 is really small.

My wife, for example, doesn't care about data, she just wants to be on the same network I am, so the cheapest option was SERO. Its a waste because she'd rather have more minutes than data and pic messaging, but such is life. It sure beats paying for cross-network calls in the days before any mobile anytime.

Actually, once you have more than one line on SERO, it really DOES add up pretty quickly. I had 2 lines on T-mobile with 800 shared minutes, data on my line only, and after taxes our bill was $65 a month. We switched to Sprint because of the horrible coverage of the big pink T, and lack of 3G at the time. Now our monthly bill is $70 at least, sometimes a bit more after taxes.

I'm not complaining, I think its a great deal what I have now, and I would agree that it would be nearly impossible to beat it elsewhere. However, it really bugs me when people treat SERO pricing like we're ripping off the cellular company. I guarantee they are still turning a profit.