View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:34 AM
No1ustad
VIP Member

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserker15 View Post
Yes...but there is no such thing as "unlimited". It's unlimited within reason... You use the data until your carrier gets pissed off at you. I keep trying to say that SERO is an old plan that came out when data intensive phones did not exist. That's also why many carriers are now specifically mentioning data caps, or in the case of AT&T...introducing plans where you pay for a specific amount of data.

Back in the day, they say unlimited because no one really could hit that bandwidth cap unless they were streaming youtube 24/7. Nowadays, even Comcast has a 250gb cap even though broadband internet use in America has been "unlimited" far longer than 3G even existed. Iconic phones, and by proxy their typical phone users...use more data than SERO phones and their typical users. Thus costing Sprint more to maintain.
I definitely see the cost of maintaining the network will increase.

I don't however see how they decided to spread the costs among the user base of phones. I feel like it should be divided in four alternative ways:

1. Split among the entire user base.
2. Split among the entire internet add-on's (SERO incl.)
3. Split among all the smart phone base.
4. Split among the users than Can use 4G.
(Can has to do more than just capabilities of the phone, physical location also matters.)

Without 4G within hours driving distance from me, I doubt I'll personally be enjoying anything out of my fee payments for quite sometime, simply for having a smartphone that will be just be using 3G, and ultimately, a comparable amount of internet usage that I currently do on a WM phone.

My phone CAN use Sprint TV and Sprint Navigation, which also costs $$ to maintain, but since I don't use it, I don't pay for it, and if I were to, I'd get charged on my next bill.

If my phone CAN use 4G, which also costs $$ to maintain, but since I don't use it, I don't pay for it, and if I were to, I'd get charged on my next bill. That is something I'd consider fair as well...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D