View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:54 AM
chardog
PPCGeeks Regular

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserker15
Yes...but there is no such thing as "unlimited". It's unlimited within reason... You use the data until your carrier gets pissed off at you. I keep trying to say that SERO is an old plan that came out when data intensive phones did not exist. That's also why many carriers are now specifically mentioning data caps, or in the case of AT&T...introducing plans where you pay for a specific amount of data.

Back in the day, they say unlimited because no one really could hit that bandwidth cap unless they were streaming youtube 24/7. Nowadays, even Comcast has a 250gb cap even though broadband internet use in America has been "unlimited" far longer than 3G even existed. Iconic phones, and by proxy their typical phone users...use more data than SERO phones and their typical users. Thus costing Sprint more to maintain.
Seriously, I don't see why you would even defend sprint. Unlimited means just that. If it was limited, I would think twice about the plan... Would you be satisfied with a buffet that would enforce a two plate meal as you dined there?

It's ridiculous to assume I deserve less than what I paid for.