View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
BooDaddy
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserker15 View Post
nerys, everyone understands your point about the same technology/gas analogy. No one denies that fact. Yes, these new iconic phones uses the same 3G tech that we have been using for years. I would love to use them without the $10 fee as well...as does anyone who is reading this thread.

However, why do you also keep insisting that using more of their service is not costing them more? If everyone all of a sudden switches from using 500mb/month to 5gb/month, are you saying it costs Sprint absolutely nothing to maintain this new increase in use? Sprint doesn't own all of their towers. Cell phone carriers often rents them out from other places. An increase in use means an increase in costs either to maintain their own towers or the costs to rent out the towers. If everyone sticks to non-iconic devices, then Sprint will have less of an issue. You keep saying what happens when there are no more SERO compatible devices, are you also saying Sprint will switch purely to smartphones? Because you know, the majority of cell phone users in the market are not heavy data users and will prefer the simplicity of featured phones.

Also, since you keep trying to push your frustrations across, what do you suggest we all should do? Switch to another carrier (name me one that is cheaper)? Do not use any of Sprint's new devices/technology and cause them to slow down their service upgrades so they'll continue to have a half-assed 4G coverage and no more additional upgrades to their towers? Sure, they aren't losing money with SERO customers (otherwise they'll drop the program after everyone's contracts expire) but a reduction in profits means they do not have more to invest in upgrades.
Very well said.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓